Step 2: Install/ Side load it into your phone
- To install from you computer to device, you need to enable development mode on your phone. Open phone settings, Security and Privacy, Development Mode. and Enable Development Mode
- Take note of the IP address you see on your phone's screen as you will use it in next steps.
- Install PlayBook App Manager Google Chrome Extension.
- In the extension page, enter the IP address you have noted down before, and click save.
- After you save, click on the IP address shown at the bottom under "Manage your device"
- In the next page, click the "Install App" button, and select the OpenWhatsapp .bar file you downloaded
- Wait until it finishes and you're done.
Install using DDPB
- Download DDPB through this link and install it. Make sure you check this page for its requirements.
- In DDPB, enter the IP address you have previously noted down in the displayed field and click connect.
- When it connects, click the "Add" button at the top and select the OpenWhatsapp .bar file
- Click the install button