This article explains how to set up WiFi Calling on the Samsung Galaxy S6. Just follow the three simple steps below to get started.
1. Connect your phone to WiFi
Can't find your WiFi network? Read our instructions on how to connect to a hidden WiFi network.
2. Switch WiFi Calling on
- Tap Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Scroll down to the Application icon and tap.
- Tap Phone, then scroll down until you see WiFi Calling and tap the box next to it.
- A pop-up will appear asking to confirm if you want to enable WiFi Calling.
- Tap ok.
- WiFi Calling will now appear with a green tick in the Settings menu.
- A WiFi Calling indicator will appear at the top of your screen.
You’re now ready to send and receive calls and text over WiFi.
3. Wait for your confirmation message
Once you’ve turned WiFi Calling on, we'll activate it for you within 24 hours.
You’ll receive a confirmation text when WiFi Calling has been activated. (If you are a corporate customer, you will not receive this message, as you’ll already be set up and ready to go).
You'll see a new icon at the top of your screen next to the WiFi symbol.
You'll then be ready to make and receive calls and text over WiFi.
A couple of things to note when using WiFi Calling
At launch, there are a couple of things which might make your call experience over WiFi Calling slightly unusual.
Firstly, you’ll hear the international dialling tone when both parties are using WiFi Calling.
And secondly, when a call is put on hold, the person on hold won’t hear the hold beeps.
There will just be silence.
We’re working to resolve these quirks, but it shouldn’t affect the quality of your service.
WiFi Calling is only available on the version of the Samsung Galaxy S6, bought directly from online stores at EE.co.uk, through their telesales team, or through corporate sales if you are a corporate customer.