BlackBerry 10.3.2 Beta Program
Upgrade Now Available!
It isn't 10.3.3, but we do have the global release of 10.3.2 for you which includes plenty of bug fixes including many improvements to the Android Player. Please follow the instructions below to upgrade to SR 2474.
The size should not be too bad at all if you are coming from SR 2226. It should be about 40 MB.
We are aiming to test the upgrade paths OTA (Over The Air), but if you are having a lot of trouble clearing enough space or encountering a lot of download interruptions, you can try to upgrade via BlackBerry Link. Make sure you read the OTA interruption workaround below.
Instructions (Please have 4GB of Free Space on Your Device)
· Check the 'Downloads' section of your Beta Zone app.
· You should see 'BlackBerry 10 OS 10.3.2.2474'
· After selecting it, you should see a blue button in the top right corner that says 'Whitelist'. Select this.
· This sends a whitelist request for the PIN of the device you are using.
· The 'Software Updates' screen will now open.
· If the 10.3.2 update is not showing as available, hit the 'Check for Updates' button.
· Download the OTA update (connected to Wi-Fi!), making sure your device is plugged into a power source.
· The file size will be approximately 40 MB (depending on your source build, it could be larger*). It could take over 1 hour on a decent Wi-Fi connection.
*For those who are upgrading from 10.2.1 or 10.3.1, the OTA update could be larger than 1 GB.
· Do not cancel the download.
· Restart your phone. After it reboots go to Beta Zone app and re-whitelist.
· Software Updates will launch again and you should be able to resume the download.
The initial boot up time after you restart will be noticeably longer than what you are accustomed to. This is normal. If it lasts longer than 20 minutes, please give your device a restart and it should be good the subsequent time. You may think your device is bricked but please keep waiting.
If you experience a bug while using 10.3.2 please submit a Bug Report by holding the up and down volume keys for three seconds until the Bug Reporter app launches. If this does not work, please try deleting all the quip tokens form your downloads folder and reboot your device. This should work. If you are still having issues please contact me.